I really do believe that God has given me the fairytale "Happily Ever After" life! I am satisfied! This is my castle, God is my King, my husband is my Prince Charming, and I will not complain.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Stools!



I fully believe in teaching my children to help me do the chores NOW while they think washing dishes and sweeping floors is FUN. Therefore, I strongly reccomend some high stools or chairs for your kitchen. My girls push the stools around (often underfoot) to help me do everything. Even when there are times that I don't want/need help. I usually let them pull up a stool to help me cook (if it's a dangerous job, I let them pull up a stool to watch...sometimes from across the room...) On this day, I must have been loosing my mind because I had a lot to do and I needed to get the dishes done too. So, to keep them OUT of my baking, (yes, I said, OUT) I set them up with stools at the sink. I filled both sides of the sink with bubbly warm water and gave them the cleanest of the dirty dishes to let them "wash". Of course, that means I also had to mop up the floor and rewash the dishes, but it was helpful in keeping them out of my way so I could get other things done. I think it was worth it.

No comments: